Yoast SEO Plugin is the most complete WordPress SEO plugin. It handles the technical optimization of your site & assists with optimizing your content.
Yoast SEO Plugin is the most downloaded SEO Plugin. Download the latest version of Yoast SEO Plugin alongside other premium Yoast SEO Plugins including Yoast Video Plugin, Local SEO Plugin, News SEO Plugin and WooCommerce SEO Plugin.
What is New in the Yoast SEO 9.4 Update?
- A new single H1 assessment: The single H1 assessment checks whether the body of the text contains an H1 at any position other than the very beginning.
Gone from the SEO analysis:
- The assessments that check the length of your URL and whether your URL contains stopwords.
Changes to the SEO assessments:
- Keyphrase density. This assessment now takes the length of the focus keyphrase into account, because it can be much harder to use a longer keyphrase in your text. In the new version, you’ll need to use your longer keyphrase less often in the text than a shorter keyphrase to get a green bullet. In addition, if you write in English, Yoast SEO Premium recognizes various word forms of your focus keyphrase — for instance, [dog], [dogs] or [dogged]. Naturally, your keyword density becomes higher. This is not because you are trying to over-optimize your text, but just because the plugin became smarter. We adjusted the formula so that you do not get penalized.
- Outbound links. Yoast now shows a red bullet instead of an orange one whenever it find no external links in a text. The web is built on links and you can help sustain that by adding relevant outbound links wherever it makes sense.
- Image alt attributes. As of now, the plugin not only looks at the number of images with alt text on a page but also whether the number of images with the keyphrase in the alt text falls within a certain percentage when you have multiple images, preventing you from over-optimizing.
- Keyphrase in title. For various languages, Yoast now filter out function words that precede the keyphrase in the title. This means that if you use words like [the], [on] or [what] before your keyphrase in the title, it won’t affect your score. The analysis will understand that you use your keyphrase at the beginning of your title and you’ll get a green bullet.
- Keyphrase length. In the new Yoast SEO analysis, languages without function word support can have longer focus keyphrases, because there might be function words like [the] or [for] between your content words.
- Keyphrase in subheading. Depending on whether we’ve already added support for your language, different rules apply when it comes to checking if you used the focus keyphrase in the subheading or not. For supported languages, you need to use all content words in your subheading for it to be recognized as reflecting your topic. For non-supported languages, Yoast will check if you used at least half of the words from your keyphrase within a subheading.
- Text length. Yoast has upped the word limit for taxonomy pages to a minimum of 250. This gives you more incentive to write enough, good quality content on your tag and category pages, making it easier for search engines to rank these pages.