At some point, every GOtv subscriber will face the tough task of looking for a way to clear the Gotv E16-E30 error codes. These errors definitely affect your viewership and prevents you from watching your favourite Gotv channels anytime, anyday.
The purpose of this article is to guide you as to how you can clear these error codes off your TV screen and see that your decoder is functioning properly, devoid of errors.
What causes GOtv E16-E30 error messages?
These errors normally occur when users forget to renew subscription plans before actual expiration date. Most people prefer to wait till after expiration to renew payment, this is when these errors start showing on their TV screens. Some other errors like E48-32 occurs when you change the position of the antenna of the decoder.
How do I clear GOtv E16-E30 error codes?
Follow the steps below to clear E16 error codes:
- Look under your decoder to get your Identification User Code (IUC) Number (a 10-digit number on a red or orange sticker)
- Open your phone’s text message
- Send “RESET IUC NUMBER” to 4688, e.g. RESET 1234567890 to 4688
Note: SMS charge applies.
If you would like to use the Eazy Self Service method:
- To clear your error codes via the Eazy Self Service portal, ensure your decoder is turned on.
- Open your internet browser and navigate to the EaZy GOtv Self Service link or CLICK HERE
- Type in your IUC number and select GOTVE16, you may be required to type in a captcha text for verification.
- The captcha text is the green combination of alpha-numeric characters
- Enter captcha text and click on Clear Error.
- Error should disappear in less than thirty seconds.
How to Clear Error Code on GOTV – E48-32 Error Message
- Check if antenna is properly connected to decoder, if it isn’t, connect properly.
- Tap on the OK button to see signal information
- Go to Menu>Advanced>Installation – click on Auto scan
- If the error is not a general issue from GOTV, channel 48 and 52 will come up for you.
- When the scanning is complete, you see Channel 99. If it doesn’t come up, you will need to re-scan to have access to all channels you paid for.
If none of these steps work for you, you should call the MultiChoice call centre for immediate fix. Be sure you have your IUC number handy before making the call. The Multichoice call centre number to call is 01-2703232