Getting your Twitter account verified has several benefits, particularly if you have got a private branding or professional account. The primary step is to apply for verification by doing the following:
STEPS TO GETTING VERIFIED ON TWITTER
Below the steps to getting your Twitter account verified:
1. Prepare your account to get verified
- Twitter recommends you to optimize your account before requesting the blue badge, and this is often what you need to knock off order to get it:
- Your Twitter avatar should be a true photograph or the emblem of your business.
- Use your real name or your name on across social networks
- Add the link of your website
- Set your account as public
- Add a bio describing clearly the aim of your account
2. Gather the data that Twitter will request to verify your account
- Twitter will request some data before verifying your account.
- A reason why your account should be verified.
- Documentations to prove your identity such as a driver’s license or passport.
- You must provide links to assist demonstrate your identity like your webpage or the one amongst the business you represent.
- You can include your documents in the submission form by taking a photograph of your documents or scanning them to upload them to Dropbox.
- Get the link of the image and paste it in one of the fields for adding links.
3. Fill out the verification form
Enter this link: verification.twitter.com/request to search out the form that you should fill out. Once there, you may need to complete the following information:
- Add link to a minimum of 2 websites to verify your identity.
- An explanation of why your account should be verified in 500 characters most.
- Personal Documents
Some recommendations to successfully fill out the verification form:
- All the text ought to be original, avoid copy-pasting it from different places as it is going to be verified.
- Make sure your photograph is clear.
- The document that you simply give to prove your identity ought to be simple to verify.
- You must demonstrate that you simply have a decent reason to be verified and that you have got a career to support your submission, that you’ll be able to ensure with mentions in the media, articles, etc.
Once you have completed the form, a summary of your submission will appear on the screen. Finally, you will receive a confirmation message saying your application being reviewed
You will receive a final decision on your email after one or two weeks. Note that they will either approve your verification or reject it, depending on the strength of your reasons for applying and your supporting documents.
If peradventure the verification of your account is rejected, you can always try again. Before doing so, confirm your account is correctly optimized and meets all the requirements.
WHICH TYPE OF ACCOUNTS ARE VERIFIED BY TWITTER?
According to this microblogging platform, they solely verify accounts that cowl the subsequent fields:
- Film /Theater
- Journalism or different media
- and different public interest areas.
Twitter verifies accounts that belong to celebrities and renowned personalities World Health Organization could be subject of fraud on the social networks. verifying a Twitter account may be to prove that the profile account is legitimate or authentic.
Note that the acceptance or rejection depends solely on Twitter’s call. If you are displeased with their decision in the end, you can always reach them by submitting a form: https://help.twitter.com/forms
NB: Right now, Twitter has suspended its verification process. It has not been announced when they intend to resume but Tweeps at the moment cannot apply to have their Twitter account verified.